1. Know your market: Research what finishes and styles are fetching good prices in your area and apply them. Remember, you don’t have to live there.
2. Keep it simple: An extensive rebuild could potentially overcapitalise and involve lengthy design/approvals. Stick to simple cosmetic changes.
3. Kitchen: You don’t need to spend a lot to get a great improvement – consider new handles, resurfacing the benchtop or painting door cupboards.
4. Wardrobes/storage: At a minimum, the main bedroom should have a wardrobe. You can get creative – transform unused corners and dead or dark spaces into a built-in storage solution – this will add to your property’s appeal, particularly for smaller apartments/houses.
5. Bi-fold doors: Buyers love a great outdoor/indoor entertaining space and will pay a premium for it.
Source : Your Investment Property