Wamuran History

Wamuran Railway Station and Siding in 1922

Travellers north on the old northern road after leaving the Caboolture River at what is now called Upper Caboolture had as their next stop a store operated by Joseph Bell at Wararba. When a banana plantation was established there and the railway went through it gained the name of Wamuran after a local Aboriginal leader Menvil Wanmaurn, known by the whites also as Jackie Delaney. Delaney’s Creek is a nearby district to this day.

Unfortunately the railway line is no longer used but the town lies on the D’Aguilar Highway only a short distance from Caboolture. The soil is perfect for small crop farming with roadside stalls selling the local produce fresh from the farms.

Source: www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au