Elimbah History

Elimbah Station

The area was known to the Kabi people as the place of the grey water snake, Elimbah. The teamsters knew it as The Six Mile, a place to camp and rest their horses or bullocks. But when the railway came through, 1890, the rail stop was simply known as ’36miles 68chains’. It was officially named Elimbah, 20 September 1902, at the urging of local residents.

 Source: www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au